Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Providence Deal

I have realized that it is best for me to provide some information on my upcoming move to Providence, Rhode Island. Although this is old news to a large number of my family and friends, it is also likely new news to a fair amount of people. Undoubtedly at times during this journey to Burkina Faso I will make mention of this upcoming significant transition in my life. It is only fair that everybody knows a little about it. I have accepted a teaching faculty position at Providence College in Providence, RI starting in the fall semester. It is a position which I had originally applied, interviewed, and was offered two years ago. At that time there were two key conflicts which made sense for me to not take the position. In February the position was posted again and I applied again. In late April I received the offer. The week that I had to make the decision was a miserable week for me. I am not interested in leaving the amazing community and group of friends that I have in Colorado. However, all along I knew that it was a position which was the right move for me. The position at Providence College is a non-permanent position which means I will be there for a year to four years. I will be moving to Providence the last week in August, which is about three weeks after I return from this trip. Because of that small window in August I had to start working on the details for the move prior to going on this trip to Burkina Faso. It is one of a few reasons as to why the past couple months have been particularly intense for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment